Conga Technical Architect
- Become a highly certified and recognized Conga product expert.
- Contribute to a program vision while advising and articulating program/project strategies on enabling technologies
- Provide proactive, customer-specific Conga product management and use case engagement, and serve as interface between customer and Conga product management.
- Partner with Key Account sales team to identify business cases and understand gaps in current product configuration and usage
- Provide guidance on application and integration development best practices, Enterprise Architecture standards, functional and technical solution architecture & design, environment management, and testing
- Drive the creation of application and technical design documents which leverage Conga and Salesforce.com best practices and effectively integrate Conga solutions into the customer’s infrastructure.
- Review and advice on project/program direction, approach and key artifacts to keep programs on track and solutions extendable and maintainable going forward.
- Identification and pro-active management of risk areas and commitment to seeing an issue through to complete resolution.
- Manage customer expectations; negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners.
- Build relationships with business partners, internal and external, and contributing to broader goals and growth beyond the scope of a single customer engagement.
- Contribute to the growth of the Key Account Team by identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice, serving as an active contributor to the practice knowledge and resource base; mentor, educate, and enrich technical and non-technical Conga customer and partner colleagues. Qualifications
- Extensive enterprise consulting experience, including implementation experience with one or more common enterprise software solutions (e.g. CRM, CPQ, CLM, ERP)
- Experience as a Senior Architect in a mid to large sized organization with demonstrated leadership driving an organizational transformation in a matrixed organization.
- Experience with key areas of enterprise architecture, including integration technologies, single sign on, and master data management.
- Experience with Waterfall and/or Agile implementation methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter. Proven results leading and overseeing customer and/or partner success stories in the following domains: front- and back-end solution architecture, development and release management strategies, change management, and direct leadership in designing solutions that meet or exceed customer needs.
- Proven ability to analyse, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration.
- Guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technologies that drive increased business value.
- Polished speaker with the ability to evangelize best practices at various levels within a large organization.
- A particular desire to continually study new technologies and functionality, as well as be involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience.
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend point of view to a variety of audiences.
- Travel to client site (average of 50%), but may be higher or lower based on the client engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business, or in a related field.
691 S Milpitas Blvd, STE #203
Milpitas, CA 95035